Despite good health and a reasonable level of fitness, some people may still have a body with disproportionate contours due to localized fat deposits. These areas may be due to family traits rather than a lack of weight control or fitness. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body contours and proportion, and ultimately, enhancing your self-image.
LIPOSUCTION TECHNIQUES MAY BE USED TO REDUCE LOCALIZED FAT DEPOSITS OF THE:
- Hips and buttocks
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Calves and ankles
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR LIPOSUCTION
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME? If you are bothered by excess fat deposits - located anywhere on your body - that don't respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you. Ideal candidates for liposuction are:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
Following Dr.Tittle's instructions is key to the success of your surgery. It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion or motion during the time of healing.
Step 1 - Anesthesia
- Anesthesia is administered for your comfort during the procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Dr.Tittle will recommend what is best for you.
Step 2 - The Incision
- Liposuction is performed throughs mall, inconspicuous incisions. First, sterile liquid solution is infused to reduce bleeding and trauma. Then a thin hollow tube, or cannula, is inserted through these incisions to loosen excess fat using a controlled back and forth motion. The dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body using a surgical vacuum and syringe attached to the cannula.
Step 3 - See The *Results
- Your improved body contour will be apparent when the swelling and fluid retention commonly experienced following liposuction subside.
Once your procedure is completed, a compression garment or elastic bandages may cover treatment areas. These help to control swelling and compress the skin to your new body contours. In addition, small temporary drains may be placed in existing incisions beneath the skin to remove any excess blood or fluid.
THE *RESULTS WILL BE LONG-LASTING
It may take several months for the swelling to fully dissipate. As it does, your new contours and enhanced self-image should continue to develop. The fulfillment you feel from the initial results of liposuction should continue as long as you control your weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. A significant weight gain can reverse your results. Following liposuction, your slimmer and better-proportioned body should more accurately reflect the healthy and active life you lead.
ALL SURGERY CARRIES SOME UNCERTAINTY & RISK
The decision to have liposuction is extremely personal and you'll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable. Your plastic surgeon and/or staff will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks or potential complications.
Possible risks of liposuction include:
- Uneven contours
- Rippling or loose skin
- Skin or nerve damage
- Irregular pigmentation
- Fat clots
- Blood clots
- Excessive fluid loss or fluid accumulation
- Unfavorable scarring
- Thermal burn or hear injury from ultrasound with the ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty technique
- Anesthesia risks
- Change in skin sensation
- Skin discoloration or swelling
- Pain, which may persist
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles, lungs, and abdominal organs
- Poor wound healing
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possibility of revisional surgery
Before + After Gallery
This is a collection of before and after pictures of Liposuction procedures performed by Dr. Tittle.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person.